Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Angel

This is my twin sister Angela, only she was born 6 years after me. When I was 5, my mom was pregnant with her 5th kid, I already had 3 brothers, so every night I would pray that I would get a little sister. When I woke up on my 6th birthday...surprise, surprise...I got the best birthday present ever, my mom gave birth to a little girl! So we share a birthday. Pretty sweet, I know. It was always so much fun to have someone to share your birthday with. It never bothered me either. We were obviously kind of far apart age wise, but I still loved having her around. As we got older we become such good friends and the six year difference never seemed to matter, especially when we were both married and having kids :) We haven't always gotten to spend our birthday together, but every now and then it works out. 2 years ago my mom flew me to Vegas so we could celebrate together, and this past weekend Jason and I took a little weekend vacation to Vegas so we got to celebrate then.
I'm so lucky to have such an amazing sister. You are a hard worker, so determined, and accomplish anything you set your mind too! I hope you have a fabulous birthday! Love ya lots "little sis"!

2 comments:

The Ririe's said...

Thanks Nikki, that was so sweet! Thank you for never being bothered that I came and stole your birthday and made you had to share it for the last 24 years and for always making it so much fun when we got to celebrate together! I love you and I love that we can share a birthday together. I also love that over the years we have become such great friends! Love ya tons!

McLeod Clan said...

Nikki! I haven't seen you in years. Its so great to be able to see your adorable little family. I can't believe you finished school with three kids. That's a real woman! And of course you were top of your class. That's just how you do things! I've stalked your blog before but now I added your name. :) You look great and I can't wait to keep checkin in on your blog.