The BIG day finally arrived!
NO MORE CAST!
I have a million things I should blog about, but this one is the most exciting, and so deserving of a post!
Just hours before the dang thing comes off...of course she had to have one last blow out in it, just to help me appreciate it's removal that much more!
Waiting anxiously....
Anytime now....
Finally it is time!
She couldn't quite figure out what was happening
It actually took a little while to get the cast off.
She said it was very thick (which explains why it weighed so much)
After all the sawing came prying it apart
AHHHH...relief
Not to worry she still has her chunks :)
I know this is gross, but it will help to show how incredibly hard it was to clean her up after she would poop, mind you some of this is fresh from right before her appointment!
Can you imagine...yuck!
Finally get to snuggle my chunky monkey!
Some how this is the only clothed after shot I have taken.
She finally gets to wear clothes
And the best part of all was the bath!!!!
I could not wait to get her in the tub and do a scrub down
I just love this little chunk.
For everything she has been thru, she is such a happy content little thing.
It was a long 3 months but thank heavens this part is over.
Her hips look like they are in the right spot, so for now we have her sleep in a harness for the next 3 months and do some follow up appointments and pray they don't slip out because I DO NOT want to have to do this ever again!

5 comments:
Oh Nikki, I can't even express how impressed I am with you. You are always smiling and I think that this would have been a trial that would have beaten me. You made it look easy when we all knew it wasn't. Yet we never understood exactly all you went through. You IMPRESS me. That little lady is one blessed princess to have you and oh my, I can only imagine how nice it was to just hold her. I am so excited and maybe a little teary.
I am so excited for you guys! It was fun to see her...she is such a cutie! That cast is totally disgusting...the kids are still praying for Raddy so hopefully that will ensure that you never have to go through this again! ;) love ya sis!
Yeah! What a great day for a sweet little angel, and her hard working mommy and daddy too!
Yeah! We are so glad it finally got to come off! Can't wait to see her! Let us know when we can have the kids over and you guys can get a night out!
You look SO happy in that "first snuggle" picture. I love it! I'm so happy for you and for Radlyn.
Post a Comment